Memory Disorders Evaluation Program (MDEP)
Judy Dolloff, Memory Disorder Evaluation Program Coordinator discusses the program and how it can help families and caregivers. Call 303-825-1234 for an appointment or visit
- Self care
- Performing familiar tasks
- Losing things
- Personality changes
- Repeating things over and over
A comprehensive diagnostic evaluation is an important first step in helping you and your family member live with memory loss.
Having a family member with memory problems can very difficult for everyone involved. We can help. We have expertise and experience evaluating the cognitive abilities of older adults.
More Than Just a Diagnosis
Our outpatient diagnostic evaluation will determine the cause of memory loss and suggestions on how you and your loved one can live and cope with a cognitive impairment. While the diagnosis is important, knowing what to do helps to provide the best quality of life for the whole family.
Providing a Plan for Living
Our evaluation leads to specific recommendations for care such as:
- Ongoing medical care
- Support services and accommodations in the home
- Alternative living situations when appropriate
- Assistance with legal situations when appropriate
- Assistance with legal and financial issues
We also provide guidance for loved ones:
- Coping with caregiver emotions
- Support services for the family
- Our Evaluation
The memory evaluation consists of these components:
- Comprehensive medical evaluation
- Our evaluation team meets with the family and loved one for:
- A history and physical exam
- A complete mental status exam
- A psychosocial assessment
- A functional exam
- Lab tests and X-rays as needed
The patient and family later meet with our team to discuss the diagnosis and recommendations.
A summary of the evaluation and follow-up meeting is sent to your doctor for medical follow-up. We continue to be involved. We are available to discuss concerns as they arise in the future.
Working with Your Physician
The Memory Disorders Evaluation Program does not replace the role of your physician. We offer suggestions to augment the care provided by your doctor.
The Evaluation Team
Our team is comprised of board-certified physicians and social workers who are specialists in the care of older adults. We value your input in the process.
Our program is covered by Medicare and some other insurance plans.
For more information or an appointment, call today.
Memory Disorders Evaluation Program
1601 Lowell Blvd.
Denver, Colorado 80204